On 20 January 2018 the fascist Erdogan Regime opened a new war front against Afrin and numerous other cities and towns in Rojava in Northern Syria. This has created a new hotbed of war with global significance.
The closing resolution of the 3rd ICOR World Conference confirmed:
“We support the Kurdish liberation movement against the attempts of imperialism to influence the revolutionary course in Rojava; we will continue to make come alive the Solidarity Pact between the ICOR and the Kurdish liberation movement.”
The SDF (Syrian Democratic Forces, in which the Kurdish forces play the leading role) had delivered severe blows to the reactionary-fundamentalist, fascist IS (“Islamic State”) in Kobane and Raqqa. Now the inter-imperialist contradictions are developing around the division of spheres of influence. The USA, EU, Israel, Russia, as well as Turkey, Iran and Saudi Arabia are contending over the domination of the Middle East.
Turkey’s goal is to draw a 30 kilometer-long border corridor through Rojava. That would bring all of the large cities there under their control. The US imperialists gave notice beforehand that they “are not present in Afrin”. The NATO alliance stands behind Turkey. But the attack also was made possible by Russia, as the protecting power of the Assad Regime, by withdrawing its military forces 17 kilometers back from the Turkish border. This attack, the attempt to occupy Afrin and massacres of the population are cynically being called “Operation Olive Branch” by the fascist Turkish state. It is working together for this purpose with militias of the FSA (“Free Syrian Army”), which are armed mainly by Turkey and the Western alliance, too.
This attack is also an attack upon the international working class and all oppressed! In the entire world Rojava stands for the successful struggle against the IS, for democracy and freedom, women’s rights, environmental protection, the respect of all ethnic groups and religions. The Arab and the Turkmen population are strengthening the struggle against the Turkish invasion. The Kurdish nation – as so often in history – is being fought by imperialists maintaining to be their “friends”. The limits of the “friendship” of imperialists are always determined by their own interests. The real alliance partners of the struggle for freedom, democracy and socialism are the ordinary people, the international working-class movement and the peoples of the world.
At its 3rd World Conference the ICOR braced itself for unexpected upheavals and an upswing of the struggles. This foresaw the strengthening of the Kurdish struggle, as also a renewed flaring up of the struggle for freedom and democracy in the region with mass protests in Iran, a nationwide rebellion in Tunisia and the struggles in Palestine.
The 2014 Solidarity Pact of ICOR with the Kurdish liberation struggle is gaining influence and significance. ICOR’s principle is: no liberation struggle should stand alone and isolated! The worldwide cooperation and coordination of the struggles for peace, freedom, socialism for the preparation of the international socialist revolution is the order of the day. Every progressive struggle must become a part of the worldwide anti-imperialist struggle and of building up an anti-imperialist united front. ICOR has taken a decision for a process of building consciousness among the working class and the broad masses about the character of imperialism and its new developments.
Therefore: Organize and support worldwide protests and solidarity actions!
Hands off Afrin! Turkey out of Rojava! All Imperialists out of Syria!
End arms delivery and military support of Turkey!
End the political persecution of democratic and revolutionary Kurdish and Turkish activities on the instructions of the Erdogan dictatorship!
Long live proletarian internationalism!
For peace, freedom, socialism! Forward with the ICOR!
Workers of all countries, unite! Workers of all countries and oppressed peoples, unite!
Signatories (as of 31 January, 2018, further signatories possible):
- RCP Revolutionary Communist Party of Egypt
- MMLPL Moroccan Marxist-Leninist Proletarian Line
- PPDS Parti Patriotique Démocratique Socialiste (Patriotic Democratic Socialist Party), Tunisia
- MLOA Marxist-Leninist Organization of Afghanistan
- CPB Communist Party of Bangladesh
- CPI (ML) Red Star Communist Party of India (Marxist-Leninist) Red Star
- NDMLP New-Democratic Marxist-Leninist Party, Sri Lanka
- MLPD Marxistisch-Leninistische Partei Deutschlands (Marxist-Leninist Party of Germany)
- KOL Kommunistische Organisation Luxemburg (Communist Organization of Luxemburg)
- RM Rode Morgen (Red Dawn), Netherlands
- BP (NK-T) Bolşevik Parti (Kuzey Kürdistan-Türkiye) (Bolshevik Party (North Kurdistan-Turkey))
- MLP Marksistsko-Leninskaja Platforma (Marxist-Leninist Platform), Russia
- MLGS Marxistisch-Leninistische Gruppe Schweiz (Marxist-Leninist Group of Switzerland)
- TIKB Türkiye İhtilalci Komünistler Birliği (Union of Revolutionary Communists of Turkey)
- MLKP Marksist Leninist Komünist Parti Türkiye / Kürdistan (Marxist Leninist Communist Party Turkey / Kurdistan)
- KSRD Koordinazionnyj Sowjet Rabotschewo Dvizhenija (Coordination Council of the Workers Class Movement), Ukraine
- PR Partija Rada (Party of Labor), Yugoslavia (ex)
- PR-ByH Partija Rada – ByH (Party of Labor – Bosnia and Herzegovina), Bosnia and Herzegovina
- PCC-M Partido Comunista de Colombia – Maoista (Communist Party of Colombia – Maoist)
- PC (ML) Partido Comunista (Marxista Leninista) (Communist Party (Marxist-Leninist)), Dominican Republic
- NPCH (ML) Nouveau Parti Communiste Haϊtien (Marxiste-Léniniste) (New Communist Party of Haiti (Marxist-Leninist))
- PCP (independiente) Partido Comunista Paraguayo (independiente) (Paraguayan Communist Party (independent))
- PML del Perú Partido Marxista Leninista del Perú (Marxist-Leninist Party of Peru)
- PPP Partido Proletario del Perú (Proletarian Party of Peru)
- PS-GdT Plataforma Socialista – Golpe de Timón (Socialist Platform – Change of Course), Venezuela
- CPSA (ML) Communist Party of South Africa (Marxist-Leninist) (Parti communiste d’Afrique du Sud (marxistes-léninistes))
- Krasnyj Klin Gruppa Kommunistov-Revoljucionerov „Krasnyj Klin“ (Group of Communist Revolutionaries “Krasnyj Klin” [Red Wedge]), Belarus