FOR THE MEDIA AND THE PUBLIC
With the invasion of Afrin, Turkey is continuing its politics of war. The AKP-Erdogan government has allied with retrogressive nationalist groups to enlarge its militaristic agenda. By expanding their war and their attacks, by bringing death and destruction to societies, Erdogan’s government is trying to keep its shaky hold on power.
Based on OHAL and KHK politics (the state of emergency politics), the national assembly has been left powerless and the jurisdictions have been deprived of their freedom so that the country can be ruled under one man commands. Every day, the Turkish government becomes an even more authoritarian and arbitrary regime. That fascist regime has been constructed with assimilation, discrimination, and destructive mentality that target all oppressed identities and cultures – especially Kurds, Alevis and workers. All social groups excluded from that authoritarian and fascist coalition are facing an existential threat.
That nationalist bloc seeks to gather Turkish society around a military, violent, retrogressive line. Any right of demonstration, press, freedom of speech, organization, and expression are being violated. On social media posts, a vague of fear and arrests is being spread. In short, any success on our geography is earned by nationalist discourses, by threats feeling, and by spreading war. By practicing all kind of oppression and intimidation, the fascist nationalist power bloc aims to include everyone within that destructive war.
We will not be silent!
Turkey’s perception of Rojava and Afrin as a threat is a completely biased false demagogy. We reject the invasion of Turkey.
From the beginning of the war in Syria and up until today, Afrin has received migrants that have resisted to the Jihadists and that have been victim of the war. We think that the invasion mainly targets the civilians living in Afrin. Harming civilians with the air attacks offensive proves it.
The authoritarian Turkish government’s act violates people’s freedom and it is considered a war crime. The ones governing the Turkish government that started the war will be judged when the political conditions for a fair judgment will be favorable.
USA, Russia, and European countries are part of that crime against the people in Rojava. Imperialist governments have to end their tactical games, their plans on our people, and their dirty politics.
Such as the Leopard tanks used in the invasion of Afrin, the sale of all the weapons used against our people has to be stopped and the usage of the weapons has to be suspended.
European people, democrats, and especially Germany have to stand up against their government. We call all international powers, people, revolutionist, and democrats to stay against war politics, the source of fascism. We, all the organizations and associations listed below, as we did for the resistance of Kobane, will lead a resistance against the invasion. We call our people to stay in solidarity with Afrin and to resist.
- KCDK-E / Avrupa Demokratik Kurdistanlılar Kongresi
- TJK-E/ Avrupa Kürt Kadın Hareketi
- YNK / Yektiya Nistimaniya Kurdistan
- GORAN Hareketi
- PJAK Avrupa
- KSDP Irak / Kürdistan Sosyalist Partitisi Irak
- HDK-A (Avrupa Halkların Demokratik Kongresi )
- Tevgera Nujeni Ya Kurdistani Suriye
- YEKGURTU İSLAMİ KURDISTAN
- Komeli İslam Kürdistan
- Hizbi Komünisti Kurdistane Basur
- Partiya Yekiti Kurd Suriye (EL WEHDA)
- Partiya Demokrata Pesvaro Kurd Suriye / PDPK-S
- Partiya Demokrate Kurd Suriye – El Parti
- Mezapotamya Halk Kongresi (Asuri Süryani)
- Komela, Saziya Kurdistaniya Partiya Kominista Iran
- P.D.K.S (Partîya Demoqrata Kurdîya Sûrîya)
- ATIK/ Avrupa Türkiyeli İsçiler Konfederasyonu
- BAF (Avrupa Savaşa ve Diktatorlüğe Karşı Avurpa Barış Formu)
- DİDF / Demokratik İşçi Dernekleri Federasyonu
- ADHK / Avrupa Demokratik Haklar Konfederasyonu
- AvEG-KON / Avrupa Ezilen Göçmeler Konfederasyonu
- Ciwanen Azad u Jinen Ciwanen Azad
- PIK/ Partiya Islamiya Kurdistane
- KKP/ Kurdistan Komünist Partisi
- S.U Avrupa Süryaniler Birliği
- YENİ KADIN
- YDG / Yeni Demokratik Gençlik
- SKB / Sosyalist Kadınlar Birliği
- Platforma Zagros ( Rojhilat)
- FEDA / Demokratik Alevi Federasyonu
- CIK / Kürdistan İslam Topluluğu
- NAV-YEK / Avrupa Ezidi Dernekleri
- YXK(Kürdistan Öğrenciler Birliği)
- Sengal Ezidi Meclisi Dervaye Welat
- Yaşanacak Dünya
- MDDK / Mezopotamya Demokratik Değişim Kongresi (Asuriler)
- ADEF (Avrupa Demokratik Dersim Birlikleri Federasyonu)
- SYKP / Sosyalist Yeniden Kuruluş Partisi
- FDG / (Avrupa Dersim Dernekler Federasyonu)
- Yeşil Sol Parti Avurpa
- Devrimci Parti Avrupa
- FİDEF (Federal Almanya İşçi Dernekler Federasyonu)
- NOR-ZARTOK Avurpa
- Avrupa Karadenizliler Platformu
- YS / Young Struggle
- Avrupa Maraş Girişimi
- Avrupa Sürgünler Meclisi
- Avrupa Kürecikler İnisiyatifi
- Dersimi Yeniden İnşa
- Tutsakların Sesi Platformu
- Emek Özgürlük Cephesi-enternasyonal